"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go"


Monday, February 28, 2011

South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) 2-19-11

This is the race I tried to do last year but it was cancelled due to snow. The south doesn't do very well when it snows and South Carolina is no different. The weather forcast this year was much different with starting temps in the high 50's and climbing to the upper 70's during the day. To be honest with you I would of rather run this in the weather they had last year.

My buddy David made the trip to SC and he is turning into a real maniac like myself. He is on a current streak of a marathon a month for the last 7 months. The race this year sold out for the half but had a few open registrations for the full. Again there were alot of maniac and 50 Staters there and it was good to see some familiar faces and some new. The course was very flat but we did have some wind to deal with at spots along the ocean. Overall this was a good race and Myrtle Beach is a fun town. This race was my 50th marathon in 34 States so I am starting to get closer to my goal. I still remember when I told Wendy I only want to do 1 marathon to see what it's like, maybe I meant 100, who knows.

I am off now for a few weeks and that is good because next up is DC National Marathon and NJ Ocean Drive Marathon double on March 26 & 27. I only have 2 doubles on the schedule this year compared to the 4 I did last year. Don't tell anyone but David is signed up to try his first double. Hopefully he will go through with it, we will see how he does on the back to back long runs we have planned for this weekend. Hope everyone is doing good and I will let everyone know how the double turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment