"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go"


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nevada (Running from an Angel) 1/8/11

It seems like it has been a while since my last update. Since the OBX marathon in NC I ran 2 repeat States, Baton Rouge Beach Marathon in LA and The Texas Marathon on New Years day here in Kingwood, Texas. Both were alot of fun and the medal they gave at the Texas Marathon was unreal. By far it has been the largest medal I have recieved and it weighed in at 3.3lbs. It really felt great to go out and run a marathon New Years Day.

After a couple of repeat states it was time to get back to buisness and start checking off the remaining states I need. The first one on the list was Nevada and from what I read it was going to be a very challenging course. The race was put on by Joyce at Calico Racing and let me tell you she knows how to put on a race that is like no other. If you are looking for your average marathon with lots of fan support and one that doesn't challange you then stay away from this race. If you want something that has lots of long challenging hills (some with a 8% grade) and some of the most beautiful scenery then this race is for you. My buddy David ran this one with me,(he is becoming a maniac just like me but don't tell him that) and we had a great time. Like I said earlier the scenery was amazing and this was the first marathon that I actually carried a camera with me during the run. The Nevada desert by Lake Mead is amazing. The support on the course was great, the weather was perfect, and all the runners were experianced marathoners. After doing this Calico race I will definatly be adding more to my future schedule. Joyce puts on several races all very challenging and unique.

Next up is Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach, CA on Superbowl Sunday. This is going to be a much larger event with most of the runners doing the half marathon. With a cap of 15,000 between the full and the half only 2,000 are allowed to run the full. It should be a great run and we are looking forward to it. Until then I hope everyone is doing ok and they had a great holiday. I will update everyone in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment