"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go"


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Connecticut (Hartford Marathon) 10/9/10

I know I told you the next race was the Indy/Columbus double but at the last minute I decided to run up to Connecticut and squeeze in the Hartford marathon. Not sure if this was a great move because I was really tired for this one. I did ok up through 18 but then fell off pace and then with having the double next weekend I decided to just let it fall apart and not really trash myself.

The course was ok, nothing really stands out on this one to say it was a great race. The organization and support was good and between all the events it was a fairly large field of participants. It was actually larger than what I have become to like. The weather was also a little warmer than what I would of thought for October and it was a little windy. There were some hills to contend with but nothing really crazy, and alot of city streets that were not in the best condition. There were alot of Marathon Maniacs and 50 Staters there so that was fun to see alot of them. The best thing about this weekend is I was able to check off Connecticut. That gives me 27 down and if all goes well I will be at 31 by the end of the year. That's about it for now, I plan on taking it easy this week and hopefully rest up enough for next weekend. Until then hope everyone is having fun doing whatever they may be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment