"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go"


Monday, May 3, 2010

Washington (Tacoma City Marathon) 5/2/10

This was a Marathon Maniacs reunion marathon and it was great to see and meet so many maniacs at the race. The temperature was great for a marathon but it did get a little windy. The course was challenging with lots of hills but very scenic. This was the 1st of 4 marathons this month so I wanted to take it easy especially with all the hills. I decided to go out with the 4 hour group and finished 7 minutes in front of them. I was very happy with the run and was able to shave a few seconds off my average. Washington is such a beautiful State and if you have a chance to get in a run up there I highly recommend it, just be prepared for the hills. Next up is a trail run in St. Cloud, Minnesota which is about an 1 1/2 hours west of Minneapolis. It is a small race and promises to be flat and very scenic. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment