"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go"


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Louisiana (Baton Rouge Beach Marathon) 12/5/09

This was a small race and so much fun. My plans were to fly there Friday afternoon for a Saturday race but the weather had other plans. Mother Nature decided to snow is southeast Texas so all the flights were cancelled. Not wanting to miss the race I decided to make the drive. I am so glad I did because this was one of the most fun races I have done. It was a double loop course that took you through the LSU campus and around the lakes. The food both before and after the race was fantastic. We even experianced a wedding at the post race festivities. I didn't pay much attention to my time during the race and looked at my watch for the first time after mile 25. I missed another BQ by 22 seconds but it doesn't really matter. This race was so much fun and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a small race venue in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment